Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Knit Monkey

Back in the middle of July, I blogged about a new knitting project I was working on......a baby gift for a friend of mine......a soft little monkey.  The pattern includes directions for the monkey, puppy and teddy bear.  It is a Skacel  Collection, Inc. Pattern.
At that time, I had picked out some very soft Caribou yarn,
Cascade Super Wash and a soft accent color.

I set to work on the monkey and......
over a month later, my little monkey is finally finished!

I found out today that out of all of these animal patterns, the monkey is the most difficult.  Not surprising as it took me much longer to knit it than I thought it would!  (Since I am giving this to the mom of a newborn, I used two little felt discs for the eyes and made the tail shorter.)  He's so soft!  My daughter either wanted to keep him for herself or wants me to make her one.  Maybe when I forget how much work this one was will I want to give it another try!  If you are a subscriber to the All About Yarn Newsletter, he will be one of the featured finished projects this week.  Yeah me!!!

"Cooking and cleaning are for people who haven't discovered knitting yet."  -Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment