Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fruit Smoothies

My kids are always STARVING when they walk in the door after school.  I try to have lots of snacks for them to eat without ruining their supper.  Today I decided to make them each fruit smoothies.  These are so easy to make and can be whipped up in a hurry.

I start with ice.
Then I chop it up in the blender.
This smoothie was for my daughter so I threw in a couple of handfuls of frozen blueberries.
To this I added about 3/4 cup of orange juice.
I added about a cup of organic vanilla yogurt.
To sweeten it a bit, I added a few Tablespoons of blue agave nectar.  This you can find in a health food store, co-op or the organic section of the supermarket.
I gave it spin in the blender and poured it into a frosty mug from my freezer.

I topped it with a few marshmallows and had it waiting on the table for my daughter when she got home from school.
I also made smoothies for my boys.  The only difference with theirs is that I used strawberries and topped their with whipped cream.
I have made these smoothies with bananas (both frozen and fresh), raspberries, peaches, and a combination of lots of fruit.  I've used milk instead of orange juice and ice cream instead of yogurt.  I pretty much use whatever I have on hand!

"My whole body is sore.  I need a smoothie, some advil and a massage."  -Hanna Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment