Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Mini Pumpkin Pies

We were invited to my sister and brother-in-law's house for dinner and then we were off to my niece's school play.  I wanted to bring a little something so share, so I brought a fall inspired dessert.  It's a super easy dessert and it looks pretty too.  I made mini pumpkin pies.

I used regular refrigerated pie crusts,
an Organic Pumpkin Pie mix,
3/4 cup evaporated milk and two eggs.
I like this Organic Pumpkin Mix because the sugar and spices are already in the can.  The eggs and evaporated milk are the only extra ingredients needed.  You can use whatever pumpkin pie recipe you have.  You can also make mini apple pies, cherry pies, strawberry pies, etc.

I lightly whisked the two eggs and then added the evaporated milk.

Lastly, I added the pumpkin mix and blended it all together until smooth.

I put the pumpkin pie mixture into a measuring cup with a spout so it would be easier to pour.
Next, I unrolled the pie crust and with a donut cutter (with the center removed), I cut the pie crust into small circles.

I pressed the pie crust circle into a greased muffin tin.
I gently poured some the of the pumpkin pie mixture into each pie crust, being careful not to go over the edge of the pie crust.

Then I put them in a 375 degree oven.  I removed them from the oven when they were poked with a toothpick and it came out clean.
I put them on a wire rack to cool.
While my mini pies were cooking, I used the pie crust scraps to make star cut-outs.  You could use any small cookie cutter shape.  I placed these little stars on a cookie sheet.
I made a sugar and cinnamon mixture and sprinkled it on the stars then put them in the oven to bake.

I took them out of the oven when they started to get a little brown and rose a bit.
Then, I put the mini pumpkin pies together.......I used a little whipped cream, 

and then tucked in one of my little stars.
I will definitely be making these again and will also be trying different flavors!

"Vegetables are a must on a diet.  I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie."  -Jim Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment