Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cute Little Soaps from the Minneapolis Farmer's Market

This morning I got up really early to got to the Minneapolis Farmer's Market.  I went with no purchases in mind and came home with a few goodies for everyone in my family and.....
 a few little Christmas gifts.  Those three little packages at the bottom of the picture above are some cute little soaps - perfect for Christmas gifts.  They are handmade with organic ingredients.  The thing that makes them unique is how they are molded.  Each soap is made to look like a piece of dessert.
This one is called "Sweet Surrender".
It contains olive oil, rain water, coconut oil, palm oil, castor oil, fragrance oil and natural colorants.  It smells fresh - like someone who has just gotten out of the shower.

This one is called "Juicy Melon".
It contains beeswax, castor oil, buttermilk, coconut milk, goats milk, coconut oil, olive oil, soybean oil, colorant and fragrance.  It has a bit of glitter on top and smells a bit like a candy store that sells salt water taffy.

This one is called "Rooibos Tea".
It contains beeswax, castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil, rooibos tea, soybean oil, essential oils and benzoln powder.  It looks as though it has been dusted with cinnamon or nutmeg and smells a little citrusy.

The soap alone would make a great gift but I am going to knit a facial washcloth to go with each bar.  I stopped at my favorite local yarn shop, All About Yarn, for some ideas.  I picked up this free pattern that is knit from corner to corner with a a few yarn overs on the edges.
 The yarn I chose is Pima Cotton.  It's an extremely soft cotton that many people use to make baby washcloths.
I'm going to use two colors and make striped washcloths.  The amount of yarn I have, will make 4 washcloths.
 Here's the information on how to purchase this soap without having to visit downtown Minneapolis.
I may have to visit the Farmer's Market again next weekend to get some of this luscious soap for myself.

"What is elegance?  Soap and water!"  -Cecil Beaton

No comments:

Post a Comment