Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Knit Washcloth

Two good things about sitting outside for four hours watching baseball on a beautiful fall day are getting to watch my son play two really good games and having some uninterrupted knitting time.  Well, almost uninterrupted......I had to put it down to cheer once in a while!

I started this simple washcloth at the beginning of the first game and by the time the second game was over, I was over half finished.
This is a simple pattern that is knit from corner to corner.  I am using an Ultra Pima 100% cotton yarn from Cascade Yarns.  I'm currently using the beige color but I also will make a couple of washcloths out of an off white color.
With a size 6 straight needle, I cast on 4 stitches.  Row 1:  K2, YO, K to end of the row.  Row 2:  repeat row 1 until there are 44 stitches on your needle.  This is the increase section of the pattern.  I followed this pattern until I had 64 stitches on my needle.  This will give me about a 9" square washcloth.  (A 44 stitch washcloth would be the size needed for a baby washcloth.)

Once I got to 64 stitches, I started the decrease section of the pattern.  Row 1:  K1, K2tog, YO, K2tog, K to end of the row.  When I get to where I only have 4 stitches on my needle, I will bind off those stitches and the washcloth will be finished.  I could use another four hour baseball watching day!

"A day without knitting is a like a day without sunshine."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment