Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fine Dining in Coon Rapids, MN

I have the best network of friends!  They have been concerned about my mental health since I was let go from my job.  Tonight, three of them, Libby, Jenny and Tricia, took me out to dinner and a movie.  They made me laugh out loud.  Something I haven't done in a while!  Thank you ladies and thank you Chris for encouraging me to go!

They took me to dinner at The Harvest Grill at the Bunker Hills Golf Course in Coon Rapids, MN.  What a beautiful place - inside and out.  Here's a link to their website.  www.bunkerhillsgolf.com  The Harvest Grill has a very diverse menu - pasta, seafood, steak, salads, burgers - something for everyone. They also have a full bar with some great specialty drinks.  My friend Libby and I order the Lady Slipper Martini.
For dinner, we all ordered steak.  Our dinners came with a choice of salad or soup.  The potato choices were baked, mashed or wild rice and each steak was served with a side of sautéed fresh vegetables (yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, red pepper and onions).  I had the Carved Petite Tender which is a 6 oz. carved fillet.  My choice was to either have it prepared in a wine reduction or garlic butter.  I chose the wine reduction and it was fabulous!
Their dinner prices were moderate but well worth it.  I would love to go back for lunch and eat out on the patio before the weather turns cold.  It would also be a place with great ambience in the winter with all of the fireplaces.  It really has a nice north woods feel.  Definitely a place I will go back to!

"A good dinner is of great importance to good talk.  One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."  -Virginia Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment