Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve at Home

I guess another of my New Year's Resolutions should be finding a new internet provider.  Once again, I sat down to do my blog last night and had no internet connection.  So I apologize, again, for the lack of a blog last evening!

Usually, on New Year's Eve, we are at our friends' house in Monticello, MN.  This year, they had too busy a schedule to have a house full of guests tonight so we did our own celebration at home.  It was fun to prepare a New Year's Eve dinner like we used to have each year when our children were younger.

I tried to make fun things but I also wanted to incorporate some things that were a little more healthy too.  For the healthy part......I took 8 tortillas and cut them into 6 wedges a piece, making 48 tortilla chips.  I placed them as a single layer on a cookie sheet.
I brushed them butter then sprinkled them with sugar and cinnamon.
I placed them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes until they turned lightly brown and crisp.
I served them with a fruit salsa that I made by mixing raspberries, Golden Delicious apples and mandarin oranges with 3 Tablespoons of strawberry preserves, 1 Tablespoon of white sugar and 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar.
It was delicious!

I also made homemade meatballs and BBQ sauce in the crockpot, papaya salsa with chips, crab legs and a meat fondue.
I love doing a fondue and crab legs because it seems to really make us slow down to eat.  We have to work a little to get our food!  Even my 17 year old ate with us instead of going out to eat with his friends.  And the best part......my husband did ALL of the dishes afterwards!

Happy New Year to all of you!  May the New Year bring you lots of joy!

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book.  Write a good one."  -Brad Paisley

No comments:

Post a Comment