Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Shopping Day

Whenever I'm in my home town, my mom and I have things we always like to do.  We go out for coffee and browse the antique stores.  Most recently, we've added a few more stops to our Saturday afternoons.

The jewelry store in Ortonville, MN, Jo Lee's Jewelry, has started carrying work by local artists.  The artists have made jewelry out of old bicycle parts, fiber art with scraps of ribbon and yarn, molded wire jewelry, jewelry made from watch parts, beaded headbands, whimsical dolls and many other creative projects.  Here are two of my favorites - necklaces made with beads, baubles and watch parts.

Another new place we visited today was The Granary.  It's a food co-op with a wide variety of spices, grains, organic grocery items and my weakness.....artisan bread.  The co-op's wide variety of artisan bread comes from Falls Baking Company in Fergus Falls.  I like to make my own bread and I like to try  other bakers' flavors.  I bought a loaf of Ciabatta and a loaf of Dakota (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, honey and sea salt).  I can't wait to try them for Easter dinner tomorrow.

 Our last stop of the day was at the Thrift Store (it's official name) in Milbank, SD.  I hit the jackpot!  I have been looking for vintage earrings to make refrigerator magnets and they had a wide variety.  I can't wait to get home and start creating.
Can't wait to come back and do it all over again!

"From the moment I woke up, I could tell that it was going to be a good day."  -Aly Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment