Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Art Center in NE Minneapolis

As anyone can tell by my past blogs, I love art.....of all kinds.  To me, art can be painting, sculpture, knitting, jewlery making, writing, cooking, acting.......anything creative.  There is a place in Northeast Minneapolis, MN that encompasses a lot of what I think of when I think of art.

The place is called the Solar Arts Building www.solarartsbuilding.com.  When you go to their home page, click on the "The Artists" tab.  On "The Artists" page, you will be able to link to profiles of some of the artists who are showcased in the Solar Arts Building.  There are painters, multi media artists, landscape designers, photographers, woodworkers, videographers and even a craft brewery.  They also have a facebook page and when you "Like" it, you will be able to keep up to date on all of their upcoming events.

They periodically have special events like the one they had tonight.  Tonight they had a DJ, spoken word performances and a reception for "Between Worlds" by Buckner Sutter, who is a photographer and digital artist www.bucknersutter.daportfolio.com.

This will be a place I take my children.  My oldest son because he is turning into quite the skilled and artistic photographer and may get inspired by the photographs he sees; my middle son because he loves making and editing mini-movies and there is a video production studio here; my daughter because like me, she loves anything creative but I think her favorite will be the jewelry.  I will also bring my husband here.  He is a craftsman when it comes to woodworking and he loves old buildings so I'm sure he will appreciate the architecture of the Solar Arts Building itself.  (He'll also like the craft brewery!)

"An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision."  -James Whistler

No comments:

Post a Comment