Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

BWCA Movie Trailer - created by my husband

Almost 30 years ago, my husband and three friends made a trip into the Boundary Water Canoe Area (BWCA) in northern Minnesota.  My husband brought along a 35mm video camera to capture their trip.  The video sat in a box in our basement for many years.  Then when our kids were older and my husband and these same friends started sharing their memories of this trip with the kids, they wondered whatever happened to the video.

It took a while, but my husband FINALLY took it to a place where they take old VCR tapes or 35mm videos and put them on a portable hard drive.  He picked it up yesterday and has watched it about 100 times since.  He decided that before he would burn copies of it for his friends, he needed to "jazz it up" a little.  So, with the help of our 13 year old son to get him started, he made a movie trailer using some of the BWCA footage with the iMovie software on our iMac.  Here's the link to see what he created:  https://facebook.com/video/video.php?v=362170013902514  (You don't need to be a member of Facebook to view it.)

After watching it, I asked him if he realized that the movie must now be as good or better than the trailer!  It took him three hours to make a one minute trailer!!!  He told me that's why in the trailer he stated that the movie would be coming out in May 2013.  He wanted to give himself plenty of time to create something wonderful.  I can't wait to see the finished product!  I used to think that I was the one who passed the art gene on to our kids.  After today, I think I'm willing to admit that they may get their creativity from both of us!

"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun."  -Mary Lou Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment