Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tourney Time

One of my favorite events happens this month and I now have a child who enjoys it with me!  My middle son and I have filled out our NCAA brackets and have been watching games on line that we can't get on the TV.  I find it ironic that it is this son that loves to watch these games.  He was, after all, born on March 30th.......the night UConn won the NCAA tournament with a player on the team named Khalid Al Amin from North Minneapolis.

Every year he likes to hear the story of how his dad, older brother and I went to Dairy Queen after dinner the night of March 29th.  I wanted to hurry and get home so I could watch UConn in the championship game.  I started having labor pains at about half time but the game was too good and too close to worry about going to the hospital quite yet.  By the time the game was over though, my oldest son and husband were sound asleep and I was in full blown labor.  We made the mad dash to the hospital and just a short time later, my second son was born.

We have very different brackets.  His are filled by going over stats and listening to sports radio or watching ESPN.  Mine are filled by deciding which uniform I like best or who is the underdog.  I'm a sucker for the low ranked teams.  I also throw in some choices based on stats just to make my son happy!

Tonight was so much fun cheering on Marquette and South Dakota.  We watched the Marquette game on his smart phone through a smart phone app and then watched the South Dakota game on TV.  (We don't have cable or satellite.)  I can't wait for the weekend.  Maybe he'll stop snowboarding long enough to watch a few games with his mom!

"Kids spell love T-I-M-E."  -John Crudele

No comments:

Post a Comment