Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Marketing Study

Every once in a while, I make a little extra money by participating in studies by Fieldwork Minneapolis.  These studies are usually product based.  For instance, I went to the Fieldwork offices in downtown Minneapolis and was put in front of a computer to review a new Creative Memories website.  They had me browse through all of the pages, try all of the links, follow the procedures to order products, go through their how-to videos and so on.  I had a Fieldwork employee sitting with me and she would periodically ask questions about what I liked and didn't like; what would make the site more appealing; did everything work the way I expected and many other information gathering questions.  For an hour's worth of work, I was paid $100.

My husband did a study about kitchen appliances - microwaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, etc.  The Fieldwork representative showed him a variety of these appliances, then asked him questions about what he thought of the appliances and which ones he liked best based on appearance and quality.  He too was paid for his time - $60 for an hour.

This week, I am taking part in a over the counter allergy and cold medicine study.  I have to blog for three days with a pharmaceutical representative regarding different over the counter allergy and cold medicines like cough drops, nasal sprays, allergy tablets, decongestants, and a myriad of other products.  I will receive $75 for about a half hour worth of time.  If they like what I have to say, they may call me in to do a personal interview where I will be paid $100 for giving them an hour of my time.

How does one become involved with Fieldwork?  It's very simple.  Go to their website www.fieldwork.com.  Click on the city that is closest to you.  Choose the "Join our Database" link on the left of the page.  Click on "Click here to join our database" and just follow the directions when filling out the information.  That's all you do.  Fieldwork will call you when a study comes up that fits your profile.

When Fieldwork calls, they will ask you questions to see if you qualify for the study.  I receive approximately two phone calls a month.  I usually qualify for one of the two studies.  I think it's kind of fun to be involved with the behind the scene process of  coming up with marketing strategies and it's always nice to make a little extra money!!

"The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself."  -Peter Drucker


No comments:

Post a Comment