Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Knit Potholders

Here's a great idea for all that leftover felting yarn that you have.  It makes great potholders in every shape and size.  I used size 6 needles and cast on 50 stitches.  I alternated yarns to create a pattern.
I cast off after the piece measured about 10 inches.
Weave in the ends and put it in the washing machine to felt.
 I felt with hot water and an old pair of jeans.  The jeans help quickly felt my projects.
Tie a ribbon around a few of them for a shower gift or put them together with a hand knit dishcloth and an embroidered flour sack towel for a housewarming gift.  I am putting mine together with the dishcloth and towel as a gift for someone whose cabin we stay at every year on Madeline Island.

"Knitting keeps me from unraveling."  -Unknown Author


No comments:

Post a Comment