Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Three Favorite Etsy Sites

The kiddos had a snow day today and my husband and I both decided not to make the trek into work.  My middle son went snowboarding.  My oldest son had to work - he shovels snow with a landscaping crew.  My daughter worked on a snow fort.  First by herself and then with her neighbor friends.  My husband worked on projects around the house while I worked on my job stuff from home.  I did however, take some time to "surf the net" and I wanted to share three etsy sites that I can't get enough of.

These sites are very different.  A true reflection of my eclectic taste in jewelry.  Two are owned and operated by relatives of people I know and the third one was created by a friend of my cousin.  The first one is a creation of my husband's sister in law's nephew's wife.  Got all that????  Here is the link www.etsy.com/shop/bionicunicorn  The jewelry is made in a style called Steam Punk.  She uses vintage watch parts and my favorite pieces are the necklaces made from old pocket watches.  Here's a sampling from her etsy site:



Another site I check often is www.etsy.com/shop/mallorymiscellaneous  This site was created by my neighbor's cousin.  Mallory is very creative as was evident by the wedding photos my neighbor showed me when they got home.  Anyone planning a homespun, burlap, mason jar, ranch style wedding and reception should really get in touch with Mallory.  Her wedding looked like pages from a wedding magazine!  Her jewelry and wreaths are sweet and have an air of romance about them.  Here are some examples from her etsy site:



The third site I really like, I have actually ordered from a number if times and it was created by a friend of my cousin.  This jewelry artist uses broken china to create beautiful necklaces and earrings.  Here is a link to her site www.etsy.com/shop/RedPineJewelryDesign  My daughter and I picked out a necklace with a forget-me-not design for a teacher's gift.  I gave a delicate patterned necklace to my neighbor for a birthday gift and I actually won a necklace for my self in a contest put on by the artist.  She does custom orders so you can share Grandma's china with your cousins, give unique bridesmaids gifts or treat yourself to a piece of your broken wedding china that you can use for more than just special occasions.  Here are some examples of her beautiful work from her etsy site:



Happy shopping!!!

"Anyone who says you can't see a thought simply doesn't know art."  -Wynetka Ann Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment