Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gardening Websites

I went for a walk today......a very brisk walk.  I really like winter and all of the activities it brings:  snowboarding, ice skating, sledding, snowman building, logs burning in the fireplace and I even like shoveling.  About this time though, every year, I start to day dream of the smell of fresh mown grass,  picking out amazingly beautiful flowers at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market, biting into a deep red tomato, laying in the front yard with my daughter watching the clouds roll by, sketching the wildflowers on our property up north.  The list is endless.

One website that I go back to time and time again to get my "fix" of warm weather ideas is Two Women and a Hoe (originating in Michigan).  Here is there link:  www.twowomenandahoe.com.  Here are a few pictures from their website.


They have a blog on their website with different/unusual plant and vegetable suggestions, garden quotes, plant growing advice and decorating ideas.  My favorite is the Rainbow Sensation Weigela blog.  I may just have to find a place to plant one!

Two Women and a Hoe also has a Facebook page.  I almost like that page better than their website.  On their Facebook page, they find and post the cutest ideas from other  garden websites for garden designs, planters, green houses, garden benches and a myriad of other things.  Here are a few of them.

From Junk Market Style
From Flicker
From A Cottage Industry
From Garden Tenders
These websites in themselves are fabulous winter blues busters!  Check them out to start planning all of your spring projects.  I'm making my must do and plant list!

"I grow plants for many reasons:  to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow."  -David Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment