Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reading when sick

I have been suffering with the stomach flu all day today. There's not much joy in that except that I was able to read, uninterrupted all day. My family kept me secluded in my bedroom, I think more out of fear that they'd get sick than for my comfort!

It's a good thing I had a good and long book to read. It's called Distant Hours by Kate Morton.  I had previously read her book The Forgotten Garden and absolutely loved it.  This book is wonderful too.  It takes place in London today and flashbacks to London during World War 2.  It's about a daughter searching for the truth her mother won't speak about.  There is a castle, three sisters, a love triangle, heartache, joy, sadness, understanding, compassion.....it has it all.  I'm only half way through it and can hardly put it down.  It will be hard to go to work tomorrow and leave it on my nightstand.  Not that I hope to still be sick tomorrow but I sure would like another day curled up and reading!

"I  have never known any distress that an hour's reading did not relieve."  -Charles de Montesquieu

No comments:

Post a Comment