Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Birthday Celebration

Today is my birthday!  It was also my second day of work at HealthPartners.  So today, I woke up to some beautiful flowers from my husband......
a permanent place at work, complete with 2 computer screens, a phone and some "light" reading material - NOT!
I came home to a birthday welcome made for me by my daughter.
My husband took me out for dinner at the Anchor Fish & Chips in NE Minneapolis.
My husband and I both had the fish and chips.  These are two huge Alaskan Cod fish fillets, breaded and deep fried.  They were so fresh and flaky - not greasy at all.  They were served with french fries that were very good - a little crispy - just like I like them.  I also ordered the coleslaw which was made from red cabbage with a creamy sauce and raisins.  It was delicious!  Here is a link to the Anchor Fish & Chips website.  www.theanchorfishandchips.com/  I'm already planning our next visit!

No birthday is complete in our household without a Dairy Queen cake for dessert.  My parents gave my daughter money to buy me a cake.  She gave the money to my husband and he picked out the cake (she was busy creating my birthday banner so couldn't pick it out herself).
I think he did a great job in choosing one that I would like!  I have had a wonderful day and am blessed beyond measure!

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."  -Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment