Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pie Pop Thank You

I made what I thought, was a HUGE mistake at work today.  Somehow I moved or deleted a shared folder in our Electronic Enrollment mailbox.  I was mortified!!!!!  I immediately sent my husband an email - he's a techie guy so I thought maybe he could help.  Then I went in the bathroom and cried a bit.  When I came out, every of my teammates reassured me that what I had done, "was no big deal" and there were "lots of other ways to get the information".

While I appreciated their good wishes, I thought there must be some way to recover the information.  Thankfully I work with some brilliant IS&T people who were able to get back all that was lost.  I was so appreciative that when I got home, I thought I should do or make something special for all those people who helped and encouraged me today.

I had purchased a Wilton Pie Pop Maker a few weeks ago and I decided that this would be the perfect thank you gift.  Here's what the Pie Pop Maker looks like.
 With just regular pie dough, I cut out little circular shapes.  The bottom of the Pie Pop Maker makes perfect size circles.


Next I placed a dough circle in the inside of the Pie Pop Maker and laid a lollipop stick on top.

I added a dollop of my favorite apple pie filling and then placed a second piece of dough on top.


Then I pressed the Pie Pop Maker closed and when I opened it, I had a sealed pie pop.

I placed the pie pop on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, brushed it with melted butter and sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar.


Into a 350 degree oven they went and after about 15 minutes, I took them out to cool on a wire rack.

Once they were cool, I wrapped one to give my helpful IS&T guy and added a tag saying "thank you".
I then decided to give one to each of my teammates.
Everyone was so great - I wanted to give them all a treat!

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."  -Meister Eckhart

No comments:

Post a Comment