Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Preparations

Tonight was a "preparation for Halloween" night.  My daughter carved her pumpkin.  In our house, we never just use a knife to make our jack-o-lanterns.  We usually use power tools to create funky faces.
Tonight, my daughter drew the face design she wanted on her pumpkin with a washable marker.  After cutting a hole in the top and then cleaning it out, her dad helped her cut the face - no power tools this time!

Next, armed with a skewer, craft glue and glitter, my daughter went to work creating a very special pumpkin.




Another added touch was a sparkle bow in purple, my daughter's favorite color.
Here is her "glamorous" creation!
Carving a pumpkin wasn't our only preparation for Halloween tonight.  We also made witches' fingers.  I used a Wilton mold I got on clearance at Michael's for 50 cents, some green candy melt, sprinkles and pretzel sticks.
My daughter made Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Bars using the very elusive Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows from Aldi.  My neighbor gave me two bags of the marshmallows.  She went to an Aldi that had just gotten a shipment in so she bought the whole bunch and gave them out to neighbors and friends who wanted them and couldn't find them.
Lastly, we made roasted pumpkin seeds.  After about 20 minutes in a 300 degree oven, clean pumpkin seeds with a little bit of butter, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, garlic powder made a salty/spicy treat.
It's was a wonderful night to be at home creating things!

"When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers 'tis near Halloween."  -Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment