Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thanks Mom & Dad

I came home today and my home smelled so good.  Supper was cooking in the crock-pot.  Not because I had prepared it this morning before I left for work but because my mom got it ready before she and my dad left for their home.  The only thing that would have made supper better is if my parents would have been here to eat with us.

It was wonderful having my parents here with us.  I had asked them if they could help us out when my middle son had his wisdom teeth removed.  I didn't know how I was going to handle him going through surgery and the recovery when neither my husband or me could take off time from work.  I had just started a new job last week and my husband had meeting after meeting at his work that made it difficult to take time off.

My parents didn't hesitate when I asked if they could come and help.  They asked when they needed to be here and how long they needed to stay.  They came the day my son had surgery and were here when I brought my son home.  They came bearing supper.  They did our laundry and our dishes.  They took out our garbage.  They played games with my daughter.  They did a little grocery shopping for me.  They bought gifts for all three of my children.  They were my moral support when I was so worried about my son.  But most of all, they were here to take care of my recovering son.

Although I still worried about my son while I was at work, I worried a lot less knowing that he was in the caring hands of my parents.  I was sad when they left today.  The house seems a little less sunny and warm without them here.  I know my children miss them too.  I cannot thank them enough for being here when we needed them.  This isn't the first time they have come to our aid and I'm sure it  won't be the last.  I am so grateful and blessed to have them as my parents.

"Parents aren't the people you come from.  They're the people you want to be when you grow up."  -Jodi Picoult

No comments:

Post a Comment