Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fun Girls' Overnight

I apologize to those of you how read my blog every day and have seen nothing new for the past two days.  Friday, I was on a girls' overnight in Taylor's Falls, MN.  I had planned on writing a blog Friday night but the cabin's internet was down.  Then last night when I got home, I still couldn't blog because our home internet was down.  BUT tonight I'm back up and running and wanted to share what fun things we did on Friday and Saturday.

One of my friends found a cabin on line through VRBO (Vacation Rental By Owner).  It was located on the St. Croix River in downtown Taylor's Falls.
It could sleep up to 12 people.  There were only 6 of us so we all had plenty of room.  Here's the room I slept in.
The cabin had a fully equipped kitchen had we been inclined to do any cooking.


 I love to cook - it's the clean up I don't like.  The friends I was staying with don't like to cook or to clean up!  Had we made any meals, we had a table large enough to accommodate all of us.
There were two family rooms.  We spent most of our time in this one - it DID NOT have a TV.
Friday night we walked across the street to Romayne's for dinner.
We ate in the sports bar in the lower level.  I expected typical bar food but what we got was delightfully good.  Three of us shared deep fried green beans, rueben poppers and a loaded chicken salad.  NOthing was greasy or heavy.  Everything was fresh and flavorful.  As you can see from the picture, I didn't get my camera out fast enough to get a picture when the food first arrived!!!
After dinner, we returned to the cabin and had a roaring bonfire.  We toasted our friendship with my new favorite wine.  It's called Hot To Trot by 14 Hands.  It's a red wine blend that is really smooth and not too sweet.
It was early to bed because we had plans to walk to Interstate State Park in the morning.  Our cabin was only about 4 blocks away from the park.
The special attraction at Interstate State Park are the "potholes".


The park also has some beautiful landscape.  We were there in time to catch the last of the beautiful fall color.  Here's a link to the Interstate State Park website for more information about the park.    www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/interstate/index.html



After our 5 mile hike through the park and a quick shower, we drove to The St. Croix Vineyard for a tour of the winery.  
It was really interesting to hear about their grape growing and wine production.  Of course, we had to take a break to taste the wine as well.  Love the seating in the winery's main room!
After the vineyard visit, my friend Lisa and I headed for home.  It was a quick trip but we had so much fun!  Love girl time!

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  -Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment