Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Game Piece Necklaces

My daughter has two new favorite necklaces.  Guess what they're made out of?

The robot is made from a domino (here's the backside of the necklace)......
and the "Keep Calm Dance On" necklace is made from a Scrabble tile.
The domino necklace is made using ink and a robot stamp.  The Scrabble tile necklace is made with a scrap of paper and a bit of modge podge to adhere it to the tile.  The necklace hangers are simple too.  The domino has a small hole drilled in the top with a jump ring threaded through.
The Scrabble tile has a hanger glued to the back.
I'm sure you can find the game pieces at a thrift store or a garage sale and the rest of the supplies can be found at any craft store.  These would be great little projects for a birthday party (pre-drilling the holes of course unless you have a daughter like mine who has been exposed to power tools before she could hold a pencil).  We may make these as Christmas gifts for all of my daughter's little friends.  She is already thinking about how she can personalize each one to make it special for each one of her friends!

"I wear a necklace 'cause I want to know when I'm upside down."  -Mitch Hedberg  

4 comments:

  1. These are cute. I've seen necklaces using Legos too. I'm thinking of doing some with my boys and for their friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see how the Lego ones are made. I can't picture how they would look. Can you describe them?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link to my board on Pinterest where I have them. There are several different ways to make them. And there is a friendship bracelet.
      http://www.pinterest.com/nikkisabrina/kid-stuff/

      Delete
  3. These Lego necklaces are great They would make a very colorful charm bracelet too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete