Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday Drive

My cousin, who lives in Albania, is in Minnesota with his family at his parents' new home.  My aunt and uncle invited us to come for dinner to see him and his family.  Their new home is just a little north of Rochester, MN, about 90 miles from our home.  The "boys" in my family were either hunting or not feeling well so my daughter and I made the trip south without them.

Our first stop was at Starbucks.  My daughter has a favorite drink that isn't on the menu.  It's called a Cotton Candy Frappuccino.
If you want to try it, you have to give the barista the recipe.  For a tall size, the recipe is a just a vanilla frappuccino with 3 shots of raspberry.  They top it with whipped cream and it's very decadent!

Our next stop was in Cannon Falls.  I had heard of their cute yarn shop, What in Yarnation, and wanted to check it out.
What a neat little shop! They have a wide variety of patterns, samples and yarn.  They also have two cozy little knitting areas for knitting with friends or to take a knitting class.  Here is a link to their website.  www.yarnation.com  Of course we couldn't leave without making a few purchases.  My daughter picked out some pretty ribbon yarn in a tiger pattern.
I bought a book of great scarf patterns.
I also bought some really unique yarn.  It was wrapped in one hank but it was really 6 skeins of yarn.  The colors were the same but the texture is quite different.  When they wound it for me, they put it in numbered baggies to correspond to the wrapping from the original hank.  It came with a free pattern for a great looking scarf.


The numbers of the skeins are important for the pattern as each skein is used for 3 rows in a particular order.  I am going to alter the pattern a little as I would like mine to be an infinity scarf.  I will just use the same number of stitches and just join it in the round.  I can't wait to get it started!

Our final stop was my aunt and uncle's home where we had a fabulous dinner and a wonderful time visiting.  Can't wait to see them all again soon!!!

"We may run, walk, stumble, drive or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way."  Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment