Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Preview to the Scandinavian Food Fair

The first weekend in November, my daughter and I always stay at my parents' house and on Saturday, we attend the Scandinavian Food Fair at First English Church in Ortonville, MN.  We will be missing the Food Fair tomorrow but my mom took my daughter, my aunt and me down to the church to see all of the goodies and the bulletin board she designed for the occasion.  Here's my mom's creation that will greet guests as they head down the stairs for lunch.
I love this little gnome.  He is perched on one of the church window sills, watching over the craft room.
My daughter and I each picked out our favorite craft.  She liked the wall of aprons and decided that maybe she'd try to learn how to sew so she could make one of her own.
These unique ornaments caught my eye.  My mom said that she has the pattern for them so guess what a future blog will feature?!
This little gnome will welcome guests as they come for a light lunch in the dining room.
The dining room has simply elegant centerpieces on each table.  These wine glasses have beautiful rosemaling painted on them.  They are filled with blue glass beads with a delicate garland trailing out of the glass and onto the table.  Instead of a real candle, little battery powered tea lights were added.
They were centered on a blue Scandinavian cloth napkin with real greens and a berry garland.  So simple but so lovely.
We enjoyed the preview and will have to look forward to visiting next year!

"Norway or Switzerland are two marvelous countries, I very much admire, the most advanced countries in the world in fact with great qualities of life."  -Jose Manuel Barroso

1 comment:

  1. Your mom did a great job on the bulletin board! I love gnomes. They're so darn cute. Funny how aprons are making such a comeback now. I think there are such cute ones out there. That would be a great craft for your daughter. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete