Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Oreo/Pretzel Turkeys

I've seen these Oreo/pretzel turkeys on Facebook and Pintrest so my daughter and I thought we would give them a try.  They are not as easy as they appear!

First we laid out wax paper and fanned out three pretzels for the feathers.
Then we melted 6 bars of Candy Quik chocolate and about a cup of chocolate chips.
We dropped an Oreo into the chocolate and completed covered it.

We carefully lifted out the Oreo and placed it on top of the pretzels.

My daughter added a piece of candy corn for the beak,
and two little candy eyes.
Here's our little flock of turkeys.
What made these more difficult than I thought, was the placement of the Oreo onto to the pretzels.  It was difficult to get them on straight.  They're cute even though they're a little crooked!

"If you are really thankful, what do you do?  You share."  -W. Clement Stone





No comments:

Post a Comment