Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Resource for Herb and Spice Blends

I like to have gifts on hand during the holiday season for hostess gifts, teacher gifts, book club gifts, and so on.  This year, I thought I'd put together some spice mixes and put them in these great glass bottles I have.

I have the great packaging, I just needed some great spice recipes to use to fill them.  Tonight I did a lot of research on the internet and found a great website with lots of homemade herb and spice blends.  The website is called Wellness Mama.  Here's a link   wellnessmama.com  The link will bring you to the homepage, but if you click on recipes and then on condiments, you will find the recipes for herb and spice blends.  I thought for my gift shakers, I would make the seasoned salt.  (I will be buying the spices I need in bulk at my local co-op.  This will save me some $$ and will also ensure that the spices I am blending together are fresh.)

Wellness Mama also has posted some other great recipes.  I will definitely be trying out the Strawberry Gelato one and the Butter Pecan Ice Cream recipe sounds pretty decadent too.  (Can you tell which recipes I spent the most time looking through......the DESSERTS of course!)  All of the recipes are healthy too which makes them even more appealing.  I will definitely be adding some of her main courses to my dinner rotations.

"I'm not an amazing cook.  But I can follow a recipe."  -Rachel McAdams


No comments:

Post a Comment