Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Party Invites

I planned on inviting my Book Club friends to my home for our December meeting.  I was going to send out "traditional" invites but last night, I decided to do something a little different.

I made patterns for a poinsettia out of notebook paper and found a button that was the perfect size for the center of the flower.

Then took some plain red paper, glittery red paper and some gold glittery paper and set to work making a poinsettia.  
I traced my leaf patterns on the red paper and then cut out each leaf.



And I traced my little button on the gold paper and cut it out.

Here are all of my cut out pieces.
I glued the leaf pieces together first then added the gold center pieces.

Here's one of my finished flowers.
Next, I made little cards with my party information and glued it on the back of each of the flowers.

My invitations weren't done quite yet.  I thought I'd add a special treat.  I filled some little plastic bags with candy and attached each of them to a flower.


I made one of these invites for everyone in my Book Club.
I gave them out at our Book Club meeting tonight and am excited for our meeting in December!

"My motto is:  more good times."  -Jack Nicholson

No comments:

Post a Comment