Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Top Notch Cake & Candy Supply Store

I have lots and lots of hobbies and have found many resources to contribute to those hobbies.  There are some places I like to wander through just to get inspiration for a new project.  One of those places is Lynn's Cake & Candy Store in the Holly Center in Fridley, MN (University & Mississippi).

(I apologize in advance for the quality of these pictures......they look awesome on my phone!)  Even if you aren't a baker, you could come here and get a fancy sugar flower/football/music note/etc. or plastic "do-dad" to decorate a plainly frosted box cupcake



that you baked in fun cupcake paper. 
If you're in need of a specialty flavor, I'm sure you'll find it here.
Does your child want a birthday cake made in the shape of their favorite super hero?  At Lynn's, you can rent cake pans.  I rented many a cake pan when my children were little.
Or maybe you want to purchase a particular size round, square or rectangle pan......I'm sure Lynn has what you're looking for!
One of the things I come here for the most is specialty containers.  They have bags and plastic/cardboard boxes that will fit anything!


In need of a cookie cutter in the shape of a leaf, a baby bootie, a truck, a reindeer.........?  I bet it's here.
And of course there are sprinkles....lots and lots of sprinkles.
The staff is fabulous and they are very knowledgeable in the art of baking.  Lynn herself is there most  weekdays.  In fact, I spoke with her today about ordering more pie pops.  Evidently, after people read my blog, there was a run on pie pops at her store!  Here is a link to their website:  lynnscakeandcandy.com  Please visit their website to see all of the other products I didn't include like molds, candy melt, classes, fondant.....the list is endless!!!

"The measuring and mixing always smoothed out her thinking processes - nothing was as calming as creaming butter - and when the kitchen was warm from the oven overheating and the smell of baking chocolate, she took final stock of where she'd been and where she was going.  Everything was fine."  -Jennifer Crusie

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great shop! I know right where the Holly Center is but I've never gone in to look what shops are there. I'm not a big baker but I can think of a few things that might come in handy sometimes. I really like the idea of renting a cake pan. We're having a birthday party for my son soon so this place might be fun to visit before it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! You'll have to let me know what you think of this shop and if you find anything fun for your son's birthday party.

    ReplyDelete