Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Christmas Wreath

For those of you who look for my blog every day....I apologize for my haphazard postings.  We are having lots of problems with our internet and I have been trouble uploading my blog.  Thank you all for the support!

I've been trying to get my house "Christmas" ready and finally put up the last decoration today.  It's probably one of my favorites.  It's a wreath, made for me by my Uncle Vern.
It's made from solid pine.  The leaves are made in the shape of little Christmas trees.
They are attached in the back with screws.

I added red bulbs with a heavy wire.  The bulbs are specifically made for use outdoors.  They are made from a heavy duty plastic.  These bulbs are pretty inexpensive and can be purchased at Michael's, Target or Walmart.
I love how it looks hanging by my front door.  I think of my Uncle Vern every time I see it!

"Every Christmas wreath is more than a decoration...it's a special reminder of Jesus, the reason for our celebration.  The circle of a Christmas wreath is a never ending ring, a reminder of eternal love from our Lord and King.  The Christmas wreath is a sign of welcome, inviting all to enter in...a reminder of Christ's invitation for all to come to Him.  The middle of a Christmas wreath is a bard and empty space, a reminder of what life would be without Christ's love and grace.  So each time you see a Christmas wreath hanging from a door, may your heart rejoice in the One that Christmas is truly for!"  -Holley Gerth


No comments:

Post a Comment