Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Sock Reindeer

I  just had to share this creative use of a sock.  Some little elf put it up on a bulletin board at my work.  My grandma used to make sock monkeys with these kind of socks.  This is the first time I've ever seen these socks use to make a reindeer!

The antlers are made of red felt and the colorful leaves in the background are leaf shaped potholders in Christmas colors.  With a fabric bridle, bells, fancy google eyes with eyelashes and felt mouth and a pompom nose, the reindeer comes to life.  I'm definitely going to try to make one of these for my own home this holiday season!

"Once upon a time, the Reindeer took a running leap and took a running leap and jumped over the Northern lights.  But he jumped too low, and the long fur of his beautiful flowing tail got singed by the by the rainbow fires of the aurora.  To this day, the reindeer has no tail to speak of.  But he is too busy pulling the Important Sleigh to notice what is lost.  And he certainly doesn't complain."  -Vera Nazarian

2 comments:

  1. I have one my aunty made our family probably 30 years ago. It hangs on my wall every Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the my grandma made for my family. It’s been in our family for as long as I can remember. Would love to try and make one but I don’t know how to sew. Lol

    ReplyDelete