Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Charlie Brown" Christmas Tree

I have a great idea for how you can recycle your real Christmas tree after the holidays are over.  We actually have a few of these recycled trees around our house and my husband made one for my parents that they have lit up and decorated in their bathroom.

Here is what our tree looks like this year.
After the holidays are over, we trim the branches off - shorter at the top and gradually get larger at the bottom - from about 3 inches to 10 inches.  Then we stick it in our garage attic until it completely dries.  Once it dries, we shake off the left-over needles.  Here is the one we did a few years ago.  It fits neatly in a narrow corner in our living room.


I've added a rag torn garland, a paper chain garland, a rusty star and some lights.  I love how it fits into the decor of our family room.

"He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree."  -Roy L. Smith


1 comment: