Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Beaded Gift Adornment

Tonight, I got all of our gifts wrapped.  I only had a few left to do and one of them is for a party my husband and I are going to tomorrow night.  We are bringing a bottle of Rum Chata as a hostess gift but I didn't want to just put in a bag.  I thought I'd dress it up with some beads and ribbon.

I started with some stiff, memory wire and red beads.

 I cut a piece of wire about 8" long,
then started stringing on the red beads.
After bending the ends to hold on the beads, I shaped the wire/beads into a "J" (the first initial of the last name of the party hosts).
I strung some beads on another, shorter piece of wire and then slipped it through the hole of the bed in the first piece of wire.
Then I strung on more beads and bent the end to keep the beads on the wire.
And here is my "J".
I needed something to to use as a hanger.  I had some silver thread that I thought would be perfect.
I attached it to the top of the "J".
With a few pieces of ribbon, here is our hostess gift!

"The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it."  -Hubert H. Humphrey














No comments:

Post a Comment