Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Peanut Butter Balls

After a day of shopping and riding rides at the Mall of America, I had just settled down to relax with a cup of coffee and a book in front of the Christmas tree.....until I remembered that I had promised my daughter that we would make Christmas cookies tonight.  We chose to make one of her brother's favorites tonight - Peanut Butter Balls.

These are great cookies for those who don't like to cook.  If you can operate a mixer and melt chocolate, this is the cookie for you.  We started with 2/3 cup of butter.
Then added 1 1/4 cups of peanut butter,
a teaspoon of vanilla,
and lastly, 4 cups of powdered sugar.
We creamed these together
and then rolled them into small balls and placed them on a wax covered cookie sheet.

We covered them with plastic wrap and put them in the refrigerator to set.  While they were cooling, we melted about a half a package of chocolate chips and 6 squares of baking chocolate in a double boiler.
We dropped each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate and made sure it was well coated.

Then I placed each little peanut butter ball on a piece of parchment paper.
Next came my daughter's favorite step - adding the sprinkles.  I had purchased little snowflake sprinkles for us to use.

According to my son......they taste as good as they look!
"Me want cookie!"  -Cookie Monster (Sesame Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment