Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Creative Neighbor & Her Elf on a Shelf

I'm sure many of you have heard of Elf on a Shelf.  The popularity of the book and Elf's antics became popular long after my children stopped believing in some of the "Santa Magic" of Christmas.  There is a website devoted entirely to the story of the Elf on a Shelf  social.elfontheshelf.com  What started as an elf sitting on a shelf or dresser or counter top watching over whether you were a good or bad child has morphed into an elf creating night time trouble and fun.

Oh how I wish my children were little.  What fun I could have coming up with all kinds of elf mischief.  Instead, I live vicariously through my neighbor Keri.  Each morning I look forward to reading her Facebook posts and seeing what kind interesting things their elf has done while everyone was asleep.  Each year, she comes up with some very creative elf tomfoolery.  Here is a little glimpse at what her elf has been up to this year.  Thanks Keri for letting me share your pictures!

"Calling the big guy?"
 Sharing a cozy moment with a snowman.
Someone got into the Hershey Kisses.
Taking a break from all of his mischief.
Watching the kiddos off to school.
Someone got into the window markers.

The Elf on a Shelf website also has a few ideas of elfin magic as does the internet if you google images for Elf on a Shelf.  As I sit here writing, I'm thinking that even though next Christmas I will have an 18 year old, a 15 year old and a 12 year old, I may start this tradition.  I think it would be a good way to put a smile on my children's faces before they start their day during the holiday season.

"I just like to smile.  Smiling's my favorite!"  -Buddy the Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment