Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Peanut Butter Kisses

I thought I would share my favorite Christmas cookie recipe.  My mom made them every year and I have continued the tradition with my own family.  We call these cookies "Peanut Butter Stars" and here is the "how to":

I put everything in the bowl at once and I'm sure there are seasoned bakers who cringe that I don't cream the fat with the sugars.  Oh well....it never seems to matter in the taste whether I cream first or mix all at once!

I started with 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
To this, I added 1/4 cup of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of shortening.

Next I added an egg, 2 Tablespoons of milk, 1 teaspoon of soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla.




Lastly, I added in 1 3/4 cup flour.
I creamed these ingredients together.
I rolled the dough into small balls and then rolled them in sugar.

I put them on cookie sheets and baked them in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes - until they began to flatten out and turn golden brown.

Once removed from the oven, I pressed a chocolate kiss into the cookie and put it back in the oven for about 2 minutes......until the kiss started to melt.

Then I removed it from the oven and put the whole cookie sheet on my front porch to cool.  Love this Minnesota weather!
This is one of the lone cookies I have left.  I guess they're not only my favorites!

"I love cookies baking.  During the winter, they have these candles that smell like cookies, and I always buy like a hundred of them."  -Jared Padalecki

No comments:

Post a Comment