Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cute Fingerless Mittens

Yesterday while I was out doing some Christmas shopping, I thought I would stop at my favorite yarn shop, All About Yarn, in Coon Rapids.  Here's a link to the All About Yarn website    allaboutyarn.biz   I wanted to see if they had anything new and something quick I could knit for a co-worker whose last day is Friday.  I wasn't disappointed!  I found some great yarn and a super easy pattern for fingerless mittens.  

The yarn is called Brio Berroco.  It is super bulky and comes in so really fun colors.
The pattern is very simple.  It calls for super bulky yarn and size 10.5 double pointed needles.  Cast on 28 stitches and join in the round.  Knit in the round for 6 inches.  On the next row, cast off 4 stitches and continue to the end of the round.  On the next round, cast on 4 stitches and continue knitting in the round for two more inches.  Cast off and weave in the ends.  It took me just a couple of hours to make one mitten.  
I think my co-worker will love them!


"Quiet, so quiet without a sound.  Floating falling to the ground.  Snowflake feathers from snow-white birds.  Snow is a poem without any words."  -Eve Merriam

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors! Don't you just love the instant gratification of those quick projects? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have posted the yarn I chose for my fingerless mittens too. They're colorful too....with green as the main color. Too many fun yarns to choose from! I work on these on the train to and from work. You should see the looks I get! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete