Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Good Snowy Day Movie

I like to ride in the car when I can read or knit.....not something you can do in the dark in the car.  So, I brought my laptop and a DVD to while away the time as we drove to my sister and brother-in-law's home about 2 hours from our home.  I watched one of all time favorite movies:  Julie and Julia.
This movie didn't win any awards and probably didn't get awesome reviews but I love it and have watched it over and over again.  It's a story about Julia Child's life intertwined with blogger Julie Powell's quest to cook through The Joy of Cooking by Julia Child, one recipe at a time within one year.  I love food/cooking/baking so maybe that's part of the allure of the movie.  Every time I watch it I want to head into the kitchen and start whipping up all kinds of culinary creations just like Julie and Julia did in the movie.





 So if you're looking for a light hearted movie for a cold and snowy day, I would highly recommend you check out this movie.  Maybe it will inspire you to try out some new recipes and cooking techniques - I know it had that affect on me!

"Your book is going to change the world."  -Paul Child to Julia Child


No comments:

Post a Comment