Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Ice Cube Luminaries

I'm getting ready for my Book Club party tomorrow night.  I am having my Book Club members over tomorrow night for a book discussion (our book this month is The Twelve Clues of Christmas by Rhys Bowen) and some Christmas treats.

I love to entertain and don't feel like I get to quite as often as I would like.  It's so hard to have people over when we're never home - running to and fro with the kids' activities and daily errands/chores.   That's why I'm trying to make tomorrow night very special.

One of the things I wanted to do was greet my guests with something special as they got out of their cars and made their way to my front door.  I decided to make ice luminaries.  Last night, I filled ice cream buckets with water - about 1/2" from the top.
 Then I pressed in a smaller container to make a depression for a candle.
 In order to keep this container from floating to the top, I used packing tape to hold it in place.
 I placed the buckets of water outside to freeze.
 Tonight, I brought them in to remove the smaller container and to take them out of the ice cream bucket.


 This is how it looks without both containers.
 The little depression is perfect for a small candle.
I have them lining my sidewalk and by my front door.  Makes my entry look very inviting!

"Let your love shine bright."  -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment