Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Como Zoo - St. Paul, MN

It was field trip day today!  I went with my daughter on a 5th grade field trip to one of my favorite places - Como Zoo, in St. Paul, MN.  Here we are on the bus.
When all three of my children were little, we went to Como Zoo at least once a week in the spring, summer and fall.  Here are three pictures from a visit in 2005 (they are now 16, 14 and 10 years old).

Sitting in their seats ready for the Sparky Show.
The Sparky Show.
Can't leave without a treat!
Not much has changed in 7 years.  It's such a wonderful place to take children.  You can get up close to the animals and there are story times, guides in each building to share information about the animals, the Sparky Show and just lots and lots to look at.  It used to be completely free.  Now, you just need to make a donation to gain entry.  The suggested donation is $3 for children and $5 for adults but it's pay as you can.  Still a bargain!

Here are some photos that my daughter took today.  I think that they show for themselves how close you can get to the animals and the amazing variety of animals you can see.



















 I think the field trip was a resounding success........I had one tired, but happy little girl this afternoon.
I promised we would visit again - soon!

"Zoo animals are ambassadors for their cousins in the wild."  -Jack Hanna






No comments:

Post a Comment