Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Weekend Art Fair

 Tomorrow, I'm headed to Rochester, MN for my 14 year old son's baseball tournament.  For those of you who are able to be in the metro area, I have an outing recommendation.  If I were here, you'd find me at the Edina Art Fair.  It's the 47th Annual Edina Art Fair that takes place in the 50th and France neighborhood of Edina, MN.  It starts tomorrow, Friday, May 31 and runs through Sunday, June 2nd.  It starts at 10am and goes until 7pm on Friday and Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday.  It's free to attend.

There will be "booths upon booths of ceramics, jewelry, glass, photography, wood carvings, mixed media, 2D pieces, fine art, wearables and sculptures".  One hundred percent of the merchandise purchases go to the Lupus Foundation of Minnesota.  Besides watching lots and lots of baseball, visiting the Edina Art Fair would be a great way to spend the weekend!

"When I say artist I mean the one who is building things... some with a brush - some with a shovel - some choose a pen."  -Jackson Pollock

No comments:

Post a Comment