Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Great Little Gift and Art Place

I know that I have mentioned Banfill Locke Center for the Arts in Fridley, MN but it bears re-mentioning!  It is the best place to find cute little gifts for someone special.  They have jewelry, pottery, scarves, felted purses, cards, books by local authors, paintings, photographs and many more very interesting works of art.  All made by local artists.  I'm hoping to have some of my work and my oldest son's photography for sale here soon too.  Here's a link to their website:  www.banfill-locke.org

I bought a Birthday gift for my friend Keri there.  It's actually something I may try to make.  The hardest part will be finding interesting beads.  Here is what the gift was:  a "book dangle" made by do dangle!
Here's what I mean by interesting beads.  The little flowers are so detailed!
The cord is just a piece of thin jute bracelet string.  I measured it to be a 14" completed but you obviously would need to consider the loop on one end, which measures about 1",  and the knots when determining how long to actually cut the string.

Please support your local art centers and artists!!!!!

"If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams."  -Yann Martel, Life of Pi



No comments:

Post a Comment