Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Pretty Plant Pot

Here is a really cute craft that my friend Lisa had her daughter and my daughter do.  It is super simple, fun to do and requires very little crafting supplies.  All you need is a little bit of green paint in a couple different shades.  Paint the grass starting at the bottom and moving your brush strokes up toward the top.  This technique will give you blades of grass instead of clumps of green.

Next glue on little wooden flowers, bugs and butterflies.  Use simple craft glue, my favorite is Tacky Glue.  Try to glue the pieces on to the pot when the pot is on its' side and let them dry somewhat before rotating or standing the pot upright.  This will keep the pieces from sliding down the pot.

I use mine for silverware when we are serving a meal buffet style.  It's also a great place for my cell phone to sit when it's charging.  It would make a great napkin holder and of course it would be pretty with a little flower in it.  It sure brightens up my kitchen counter!

 

"Creativity takes courage."  -Henri Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment