Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Summer To Do Lists

This is just a quick idea of what to do with this:
Turn it into this:
Every year on May 1st, I have had my children write down 10 things they want to do the following summer.  It can be whatever they want but within reason.  Trips around the world and buying new car are not viable options.  I do one too and we all write them on a 3" x 4" index card.  That way they are portable and fit in my calendar that I keep in my purse.  We check things off as we do them and use the cards as resources for something to do if the words "I'm bored" are ever uttered in our household.

The list above is my 10 year daughter's list for this summer.  She went to bed before I could talk to her about it.  I laughed when I read #4 "Find a way to keep my room clean".  I am curious about #3 "Have a going away party".  She has something similar written for #8 with a few added words "Have a going away party before we go to Paris".  We have talked about her going to another school next year so I wonder if #4 means have a going away party for the friends she'd be leaving behind.  #1 is on my list too, "Go to the cherry and the spoon".  It's in the Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis, MN and every time we drive by it we say that we should go there sometime.

The rest of my list is pretty simple:
As you can see, I'm not a girl with grandiose summer dreams.  Just basking in the sun would be great.  Hopefully we'll be able to find time to do some of the things on both of our lists.  I want my "boys" to make lists too, even if I can only get them to put down 5 things.  My teenage boys think they're too old for our yearly tradition but once they see my daughter and me checking things off of our lists, they may change their minds!

"Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."  -Henry James



No comments:

Post a Comment