Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Good Herbed Cheesy Bread

I like to serve some sort of bread at each meal.  Sometimes it's homemade, some times it's artisan and sometime it's a health food concoction I picked up at Trader Joe's.  Tonight however, it was grocery store bought French bread which I turned into herbed cheesy bread.

I started with just plain fresh French bread.  I cut it into about 1/2 inch slices and placed the slices on a cookie sheet.
I melted about 2/3 of a stick of butter in the microwave. 
To the butter, I added a few shakes of garlic salt and a few shakes of dried basil.
Next I added an overflowing 1/3 cup of shredded Romano cheese and a generous 1/3 cup shredded provolone cheese.
Lastly, I tossed in about 1 Tablespoon of chopped Italian parsley.
I carefully mixed it all together.
I spooned the cheese mixture on the the cut slices of French bread.
It became bubbly and crispy in a 400 degree oven. 
I served it up to some very appreciative family members! 

"With bread all sorrows are less."  -Sancho Panza speaking to Dapple, his donkey in Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes







No comments:

Post a Comment