Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Self-filled Cupcakes

Lately, whenever I have a spare hour, I find myself baking.  I've been trying to revisit recipes of things my mom used to make when I was a child.  Today, I made self-filled cupcakes.  One of my favorite childhood desserts.

I beat one egg.
To the egg, I added a dash of salt and an 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese.
I mixed it together until it was smooth.
I added a cup of mini-chocolate chips.  I folded them in gently, with a spoon, so the chips didn't break apart.
I set this mixture aside.  To a second bowl, I mixed together 1 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of baking cocoa, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of oil, 1 Tablespoon of vinegar, and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
I stirred it together until it was completely mixed.
Then I filled each cupcake half way.
Next I dropped a dollop of the cream cheese mixture on top.
I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes - until the cupcake was firm to the touch.
 They were a huge hit with my family.  A cupcake I will definitely be making again!

"I've never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn't fix."  -Sarah Ockler






No comments:

Post a Comment