Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bathtub Cleaner Recipe

Cleaning the bathrooms is my least favorite chore.  I have three full bathrooms that seem to become disasters almost on a daily basis.  Hair products, shaving cream, nail polish, shower gel, acne soap, Dial soap.....you name it, we've got it and someone in this family has probably made a mess in the bathroom with it.  I know I could enlist the kids' help in cleaning but "no one does it as well as Mom", so I take care of it.

I'm always on the lookout for new and improved cleaning products to make the bathroom cleaning process go more quickly and easily.  Today I found a product, or rather made a product, that was AMAZING!

My cousin shared a link on Facebook for a bathtub cleaner recipe.  The origin of the recipe came from Belinda's Fit Tips.  It's a recipe for getting all of the "crud" off of the bathtub without scrubbing.  there were only two ingredients - both of which I already had.  So, I thought I'd give it a try.  I'll try anything that promotes no scrubbing!

You'll need 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
Place it in the microwave for about a 90 seconds, then pour it into a spray bottle (Target has great little funnels in the kitchen utensil deapartment that fold up to fit in a drawer & great spray bottles in the garden section).
To the hot vinegar, add 1/2 cup of blue Dawn dish soap.
Shake well and spray down the dirty bathtub.  Let it sit for 2 hours - DO NOT try to wipe it off before 2 hours!  Use a damp washcloth to wipe down the bathtub, rinsing the washcloth periodically.  After wiping down the bathtub, completely rinse the bathtub with water.  I didn't take before and after bathtub pictures because I was too embarrassed to show the state of my gross bathtubs.  I should have though because I was SHOCKED at how the "crud" just wiped right off.  Really, no scrubbing was involved and it came totally clean.  This will be my go to cleaning product from now on!

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."  -Phyllis Diller


No comments:

Post a Comment