Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Two Fun Magazines

I've been fighting a fever for a day and half and am feeling an overwhelming sense of exhaustion.  I guess my body was telling me it was time to STOP and get some much needed rest.  So I left work early today and stopped at Barnes & Noble to get two of my favorite magazines for an evening cozied up on the couch.

I spent the evening with a bottle of water, my "sick blanket" and my two favorite magazines.
The first magazine is called "Where Women Create".

It is filled with spaces where women create amazing artwork.  I like to get unique storage ideas for some of their small art supplies.


They also show some creative ways to repurpose items to give the room an electic and cozy flair.
The second magazine is called "Mary Jane's Farm".
This magazine gives lots of information on organic farming/gardening and it promotes companies that use organic materials like fabric.  It also explains what it takes to raise backyard chickens and has many DIY projects that use items you have around the house.  Here are some other fun articles.

Craft projects - how to make fabric flowers.
Recipes using organic ingredients.
Sentimental stories.
There are showcased artists - this month's were a quilter and a button artist.

There are ideas of up cycling.  This month's was turning a mirror into a chalkboard.
Everyday tips are also a fun to read and very useful.
I hope you don't wait for a sick day to check out these magazines.  Tonight they've been an inspiration to me to hurry up and feel better - I've got lots of projects I've been inspired to start!

"I don't like expensive things....I just can't help looking in a magazine for the splurge and the save."  -Tyra Banks


No comments:

Post a Comment