Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Great Local Foodie Blog

While listening to the radio today, 830AM (WCCO), I got to hear some great conversation about the Minneapolis/St. Paul food scene.  James Norton of the Heavy Table Blog was on with WCCO morning host John Hines.  You can listen to their conversation by going to minnesota.cbslocal.com/show/the-john-hines-show/#  They talked about all things food.  They made me so hungry that even though I don't like brats, their description of Gerhard's Brats made me want to drive to the Wedge Co-Op in Uptown and buy some for supper!

As soon as I got to my office, I quickly checked out the Heavy Table Blog.  Anyone who loves to eat should take a gander at this gastronomically wonderful site - complete with pictures!  Here's a link to this fantastic blog  heavytable.com  Now that I'm home for the evening, I have visited this blog and read about places to go to eat for Father's Day, the opening of a new wine bar, reviews on some of my favorite restaurants, new books about food, and I even watched a video of the Coon Creek Family Farm.

This blog would be a great resource for anyone who likes to cook, lives in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and likes to check out new places to eat or someone who is planning to visit here and wants to find some fun and interesting foodie places to visit.

"We write to be understood, to be accurate, and to entertain.  The Heavy Table is a positive voice with integrity.  We will call people out on lousy value and bad hospitality.  But we prefer to celebrate the delicious, the creative, the honest, and the heartwarming."  -The Heavy Table

No comments:

Post a Comment