Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cute Cupcake Bakery

I have a thing for cupcakes.  I will travel near or far to find the perfect cupcake.  My family doesn't seem to mind my quest for finding the best cupcake bakery in the metro area.  They get to be cupcake critics too.

Today I had an appointment in Golden Valley, MN so I thought I would check out Gigi's Cupcakes which is right off of Highway 55 and Winnetka Avenue in Golden Valley.  Here is a link to their webpage  www.gigiscupcakesusa.com/goldenvalley-minnesota  If you Google Gigi's Cupcakes, you can "Find a Gigi's" near you too.  There seems to be quite a few of them in the southeast United States.
 I purchased a wide variety for my family to taste-test (starting at the top left:  Dulce De Leche, Southern Comfort, White Midnight Magic / bottom starting at the left:  Lemon Icebox, Double Stuff, Orange Dreamsicle).
I tried the Dulce De Leche.

My daughter tried the Orange Dreamsicle.  I think by her expression, you can see she is very excited to taste it. 
My boys tried the rest and our only complaint, all five of us, is that there was too much frosting.  The cupcakes were really good.  Moist and very flavorful.  The frosting wasn't overly sweet but there was just so much of it, it overpowered the cupcake.  That didn't stop me from eating my entire cupcake though - frosting in all!

"Cupcakes is always the answer - who cares what the question is?!"  -Cupcake Quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment