Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Doily Drink Covers

Today I got to spend some time doing a little crafting.  I ran to Michael's for some extra supplies:  colorful beads (40% off) and ready made doilies ($1.50 a piece).



Then I set to work making cute doily covers for when we have drinks outside.

I took beading thread and an assortment of beads of all shapes and sizes.........




and I attached  the beads to the doily with the thread.  The beads give the doily weight and keep it from blowing off of the glass or pitcher.





I used a lots of different beads in many shapes, colors and sizes.  I tried to use different patterns on each doily, giving them each their own unique look.








 This is how they are used......when you have a drink outside and you want to keep the bugs (especially bees) out of it, you just drape one these doilies over the top of your glass or pitcher to keep the bugs away.





 This was a really fun and easy project and would make a great hostess gift.  I plan on making some for all of my friends!

"Spending time outdoors makes you feel great."  -Elizabeth Hurley


No comments:

Post a Comment